Pssssssst! Hey kids! C’mere! Wanna have some fun over the next few days? Let’s talk about how we can max out everything Halloween. I’ll get you set up with enough candy to last until Easter!
But here’s the deal. Your parents are only going to agree to this if you are on your best behavior. That means, your homework needs to be done. Chores? They don’t even need to ask, because you already took care of them. Furbabies? “Nah mom, it’s cool, I already handled it.” Remember your pleases and thank yous, and your yes, ma’ms and no, sirs. You get me? You are an angel child for the foreseeable future.
Now that we have the expectations set, here is a run down of local organizations that you grab some candy at before Halloween night!
• October 25, 5 p.m.-8 p.m. – Downtown Williamsport Fall Festival and Trick-or-Treat on Fourth St.
• October 25, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat and Halloween Fun Festival at The Williamsport Home
• October 25, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at Fairlawn Community Church
• October 26, 6 p.m.-8:00 p.m. – Trick-or-Treat at Hillside Assisted Living
• October 26, 5 p.m.-730 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at Wegmans
• October 27, 5 p.m.-7:00 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at Blaise Alexander Nissan
• October 27, 6 p.m.-8:00 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at Limitless Mobile, South Williamsport
• October 27, 6:15 p.m.-8:00 p.m. – Family Pumpkin Party at City Alliance Church
• October 28, 12:00 p.m. – Bald Birds Brewing, Jersey Shore
• October 28, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. – Young Men’s Democratic Club
• October 28, 5 p.m.-8 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at City Church
• October 28, 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at Lycoming Centre Presbyterian Church
• October 29, 2 p.m.-4:00 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at First United Methodist Church, Muncy
• October 29, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at The Break Room of Williamsport
• October 29, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at New Covenant United Church of Christ
• October 29, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. – SJNRA Trunk-or-Treat at St. John Neuman Jr/Sr High School
• October 30, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. – Trunk-or-Treat at Hope Enterprises
• October 31, 5 p.m.-8 p.m. – Backyard Broadcasting’s Hot Halloween Party at 1685 Four Mile Drive
• Bonus Event: Come and enjoy the Williamsport Recreation Department’s first Haunted House at Shaw Park. The Haunted House will take place in the old Shaw Park Pool House on October 28th from 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Mayor Derek Slaughter will be judging a costume contest so come in your best Halloween costumes!
As you can see, there is lots of Halloween fun to be had this week!! So get out and enjoy! Oh, and brush your teeth!
It’s not our Halloween issue without the announcement of the winners of our Halloween contest!
Congratulations to the following winners of our Guessing Ghosts Halloween Contest!
– Meela Brewer
– Raelyn Rexford
– Genevieve Nevel
– Quinn Brouse
– Kylo Bailey
– Reese Werner
– Kathryn Clayton
– Evelyn Detweiler
– Kase Werner
– Brantley Byerly
Your prizes can be picked up in our office at 280 Kane St. South Williamsport, Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., and Fridays we are here until around 2:00 p.m.
In case you are curious — the final total was 124 Ghosts. There were 55 in the October 11th edition and 69 in the October 18th edition.
We want to offer our sincerest thanks to everyone who entered! Because of all your counting, we will be donating $500 to the Lycoming County SPCA! Seriously, y’all are amazing! I received a ton of entries in this year’s contest! And as always, thank you to Jimmy for always giving a little extra in these contests! The kitties appreciate it!
One Last Bit of Halloween
There will be people out celebrating Halloween all weekend long, so please be careful. Between Uber and Lyft there is no reason not to have a safe ride home, so please be careful out there!
Don’t forget to be extra cautious if you are on your way home from work after 6 p.m. on Tuesday. Kids get excited and stop paying attention, so you need to be their eyes and ears.
Everyone wants their Halloween festivities to be fun, but it is important that trick-or-treaters and their chaperones prioritize safety as well.
Be sure to check out Lou’s story on page X for all the places to get candy this weekend, as well as tips to make your Halloween as safe as possible!