Advertising

Latest Issue

Grateful Heart

Grateful Heart

When I first started writing for the Webb, I was never worried about what I would write about each week. I’ve always loved to write. I must get that from my gram, Lois Liddick. But let’s turn the clocks back to when I was in high school.

Ugh, school. I never loved school because I struggled, but English was one of my best subjects. My English teacher told the school paper about my writing, and I ended up being in the school newspaper homeroom until I graduated. It was awesome and such an opportunity. I wasn’t into high school football, cheerleading, and that stuff. I was a girl who took power mechanics as an extra class and drove a Subaru Impreza with almost $2,000 gold-colored OZ Ultraleggera rims on my car.

Hey, I saved from working at the age of fifteen, and all my money went to pimpin’ my ride back in the day because my car was paid off. I was into cars, and people knew it. Plus, my boyfriend just bought a WRX that just came out to America the year before! I was into cars because of him, hardcore.

The movie “The Fast and the Furious” came out in 2001, and I remember writing about that. I loved writing about anything that had to do with cars. I have one or two papers saved, but I wish I had more of the stories I wrote for the WAHS.

Now I get to write about anything. I had the freedom in high school, too; it just got approved by Mrs. Huddy before hitting the paper. I enjoyed being in her school paper homeroom, just like I enjoy writing for Jim Webb. You guys, he is one awesome man and always makes us all feel like we are all a team. He makes us all feel so appreciated. I am very blessed to work for such an amazing paper with a team that is like family when we get together.

Jim will do anything for you and has such a kind heart. I am glad to know him and proud to write for his paper and all of you!

I want to thank all of you who take the time to read not only my column each week but who support the Webb. Thank you to the people who tell my family or come up and tell me how much you enjoy my stories about my family. I always say, “Who wants to write about coffee beans? OK folks, today I am going to tell you the difference between coffee beans. Or, today, we are going to discuss how dairy is beneficial to your health.” Holy crap! Even I’m yawning! I love food, but I like to cook it and make meals easy for busy families. I don’t want to talk about coffee beans or how almond milk isn’t milk because almonds don’t have nipples, so what actually is almond milk?

I love that I have so much I can share with you all. I had two sweet ladies at Maseto’s two Fridays ago recognize my momma as she sat across the table from me. They talked to my mom then asked if I was her daughter who wrote for the Webb.

My mom said, “Yes, this is my daughter Andrea.”

I told them it was nice to meet them, and they told me how much they love my stories and look forward to reading each week. One of them told me one of her friends loves my column, and some weeks they call each other to talk about it. That made my heart swell. I thanked them both so much for being a fan and faithfully reading each week. They even knew it was my Aunt Sylvia’s birthday and wished her a happy birthday at the bank that week when they saw her there. My Aunt Sylv says you never know what Dra is gonna write about week to week!

You never know who or what it could be about, and that’s what I am so thankful for. The freedom to write. The joy I get meeting all of you who recognize me and tell me how much you enjoy the paper. To have an opportunity like I do to reach over 58,000 homes!? That’s incredible. I don’t take it for granted, and I don’t take you, my readers, for granted.

Also, many thanks to those who have purchased my cookbooks over the years from Rust and Shine in Williamsport. They are also for sale at Mrs. B’s Boutiques at 217 Broad Street in Montoursville who, has great gifts. In fact, both businesses have my pre-made cookie jars also.

Right now, I have sweet little Valentine’s cookie jars ready to give as gifts. All you do is add egg, butter, and vanilla, and you have fresh homemade cookies. I’ve sold fifty of them since December. I can’t keep up with them between both businesses and personal orders I’ve been getting. So far, they have been a hit. There are M&M, chocolate chip, and monster cookie. The monster cookie I can’t seem to keep up on. Who doesn’t love peanut butter and oats!? Mmm Mmm.

Thank you so much for supporting Andrea’s Country Home Cookin, seriously from the bottom of my heart. I love that I can do what I love, work for some pretty incredible people, and write for some pretty amazing fans. THANK YOU!

Protein Balls
Ingredients:
• 1 cup old fashioned oats
• 1/3 cup honey
• 3/4 cup peanut butter
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder — I used Lady Boss Lean Vanilla Cake
Directions:

Mix all together to blend. Scoop out with a cookie scoop. Top with a sprinkled or candy heart for Valentine’s! Chill and enjoy.

*I can’t even tell you how amazing these are! No guilt treats. And, if you don’t have protein powder, they will still be delicious.*