Over 45 years ago, a group of volunteers formed the Lycoming County Youth Livestock Committee to provide, promote and facilitate life skill development in youth eligible to show livestock in either 4-H or FFA youth livestock programs or shows.
Today, there are currently seven livestock clubs in Lycoming County with 135 livestock members (including breeding, market, poultry, and others).
For the success of the program, over thirty leaders volunteer their time for our livestock clubs. The committee is responsible for all aspects of the livestock, including the shows at the Lycoming County Fair.
With the continued growth of our program and the outdated exhibit areas, we continue to evaluate projects to complete. This year, we are excited to announce the addition of new goat/sheep pens, which will enhance the safety of our exhibitors, livestock, and our guests who visit the barns during the fair. With this comes an amazing opportunity for our community members to assist our youth by giving a donation to a great cause. The cost for the forty-eight pens is $30,000.00. We are looking for sponsors to help fund this project. A fantastic opportunity to help us achieve our goal of providing the youth with a safer environment for themselves and their livestock is with your donations which would include advertising opportunities, and your contributions would be tax deductible. We thank everyone for their continued support of the youth programs and welcome you all to attend one of their livestock shows or the livestock auction at the Lycoming County Fair.
Livestock Show/Auction information:
Location – Livestock Arena
– Saturday, July 15th – Youth Lamb Show, 5:00 p.m.
– Sunday, July 16th – Youth Meat Rabbit Show, 10:00 a.m. and Beef Blocking Contest – TBA
– Monday, July 17th – Open Lamb Show, 9:00 a.m. and Youth Beef Show, 6:00 p.m.
– Tuesday, July 18th – Youth Hog Show, 6:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, July 19th – Youth Goat Show, 9:30 a.m. and Open Hog Show, 6:00 p.m.
– Thursday, July 20th – Open Goat Show, 9:30 a.m. and Supreme Showmanship, 5:00 p.m.
– Friday, July 21st – Open Beef Show, 10:00 a.m.
– Friday, July 21st – Youth Livestock Auction 6:00 p.m. (Sale order Rabbit, Goats, Pigs, Beef, Sheep)
For further information on how you can support our projects, please contact committee member, Tammy Koser, at 570-220-3629.