- February 1, 2023
The results are in for the Lycoming County SPCA’s 2018 Pet Pawtraits Calendar Contest! The top fundraisers are one-year-old beagle brothers, Pete and Repete. The boys raised $1,173 and are the beloved furbabies of Patty Thomas and Mirra and Jeremy Hauser of Linden. The top fundraisers, Pete and Repete, are featured with their own month
The results are in for the Lycoming County SPCA’s 2018 Pet Pawtraits Calendar Contest! The top fundraisers are one-year-old beagle brothers, Pete and Repete. The boys raised $1,173 and are the beloved furbabies of Patty Thomas and Mirra and Jeremy Hauser of Linden. The top fundraisers, Pete and Repete, are featured with their own month and on the cover of the calendar. Thirteen total winners were chosen, based on dollars raised. Each winner is featured with their own month in the calendar, with a bonus month featuring the winning First Responder entry. Greg Welteroth Advertising designed and shot the photography for the top fundraisers as a donation to the locally run SPCA. A total of forty entries raised $3,640 from the votes and entries. The project also raises money from corporate sponsors, as well as donations from community service groups whose generosity are all recognized in the calendar. Funds raised go directly towards animal care at the shelter, which served 5,909 animals in 2016.
The top 12 fundraisers are:
1. Pete and Repete, loved by Patty Thomas and Mirra and Jeremy Hauser of Linden
2. Ryleigh and Carl, loved by Tim and Karin Finn of South Williamsport
3. Lexxii, loved by Dale and Barbara Martin of Hughesville
4. Precious, loved by Barbara Houseknecht of Hughesville
5. Dalton, loved by Barb and Jerry Wertz of Montoursville
6. Simon Lopez-Medina, loved by Camilo Lopez and Justin Medina of Williamsport
7. Spieth, loved by Maura, Kane, and Amanda Moore of Williamsport
8. Scooby and Jake, loved by Ashely Hallabuk of Williamsport
9. Princess, loved by Christy Bussler of Montoursville
10. Bear, loved by Mary Beth Hager of Williamsport
11. Griffey and Maggie, loved by Carol Kepner and Stacey Burke of Montoursville
12. Sprinkles, loved by Brittany Ann Reithmayer of Hughesville
The First Responder/Emergency Services Winner is Smoke (adopted from the Lycoming County SPCA) and Nina (from the Clinton County SPCA). These two are loved by David Dymeck, Chief of Williamsport Bureau of Fire, and Tina Dymeck, EMT from Susquehanna Regional EMS who posed for a photograph with their grandson Brantley.
Calendars are available at the SPCA on Reach Road in Williamsport, the SPCA’s Holiday Storefront at the Lycoming Mall or from participating veterinary offices and stores including Fresh Life, Gustonian Gifts, and Avu Goldsmiths. All donations from the calendar go directly toward the shelter’s mission to protect all domestic animals across Lycoming County by providing shelter, emergency treatment, investigation and prosecution of cruelty or abuse complaints. The SPCA also provides foster care, adoption, and counseling.