Wow! I can’t believe we are on our first issue of 2016! This is the 14th year of Webb Weekly!
So do you have your list of resolutions ready to go? What are your plans for the New Year? I decided to take a look at last year’s list of resolutions and see how I made out. So here is the list from last year…
– I will finish a Chap-Stik. Nope, not a chance, I have, however, increased my collection significantly.
– I will check my breathing more than my Facebook notifications. Ehhhh well, yeah nope.
– I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I don’t own a watch. Ok, well I’m closer on this one for sure, but still not quite there.
– I will start buying lottery tickets at a luckier store. I tried, I really, really did. I just haven’t found that lucky store yet.
– I will try to drive closer to the speed limit. This one…well…
– I will stop drinking orange juice after I brush my teeth. Ha! Here is one that I actually accomplished! Go Steph!
– I will watch more cute and cuddly kitten videos on YouTube. Yep, totally nailed this one too.
– I will save some money for a rainy day. That way I can shop online instead of having to go to an actual store. See these resolutions weren’t so hard – I totally spent rainy days cuddled up with Amazon!
– I will keep better records throughout the year. That way I can listen to better music while I'm figuring my taxes. And I was doing so well…
– I will lower my bills by digging a hole to put them in. I tried, but Erik yelled at me for digging holes in the yard.
– I will not bore my boss by with the same excuse for taking the day off. I will think of some new excuses. Well, you’d have to ask Jimmy, but I still don’t think he bought that story about needing the day off after rescuing kittens from a burning building.
– Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my pajamas. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom. Technically, I moved to the front porch, but we’ll call this one complete.
– I will give up chocolates totally. 100%. Completely. Honestly.... I should really stop lying to you people.
– I will think of a password other than "password." I did this. Now all my passwords contain a letter, number, symbol, hieroglyph, and the blood of a first-born child.
– I will get into the habit of writing 2015 instead of 2014 before April. What? I got there by May, close enough.
– I will stop sending Facebook messages and emails to my loved ones when they are in the same room as I am. Yeah…total fail on this one.
– I will use my treadmill for something other than a place to hang my jacket. Ha! I don’t even have a treadmill, so I call this one as accomplished!
– I will drive by a fitness center at least once a week. Done.
– I will actually laugh out loud when I type “LOL” to the person I am messaging with. If you want me to accomplish this – be funnier.
– I will not sit and stare at the computer screen all day – instead, I will make it a point to stand and stare at the screen for at least 30 minutes. Standing is hard.
– I will work harder to find time to sleep more. Consider it done.
– I will wear something other than sweat pants to the grocery store. I switched to yoga pants.
– I will stop repeating myself again, and again, and again. I will stop repeating myself.
– I will wear something other than sweat pants to the grocery store ... oops ... there I go again! I switched to yoga pants…shoot!
– I will enjoy the sweeter side of life – M&Ms, Hershey kisses, candy corns, and cheesecake. I absolutely, 100% did this. Minus the candy corn – what was I thinking even putting that on the list?!
– I will be more decisive ... I'll absolutely try to attempt to think about resolving to be more decisive, if I possibly can. I absolutely think I maybe, might have accomplished this.
– I promise to stick to these resolutions for more than a week. Well it took me until May to write 2015, does that count?
– I will learn what the word "resolution" means. A firm decision to do or not to do something. See, I can do this resolution thing.