Happy New Year!
Well Christmas is officially behind us, so it is time to look forward to a new year. I’m not usually one for New Year’s Resolutions, as I often find I am setting myself up for failure. But I do have a few things that I hope to accomplish this year. So here are my resolutions for 2015:
– I will finish a Chap–Stik. Seriously, have you ever accomplished this? Just once I’d like to see one through to the end without losing it, or it going through the laundry, or one of cats hiding it from me.
– I will check my breathing more than my Facebook notifications.
– I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I don’t own a watch.
– I will start buying lottery tickets at a luckier store.
– I will try to drive closer to the speed limit.
– I will stop drinking orange juice after I brush my teeth.
– I will watch more cute and cuddly kitten videos on YouTube
– I will save some money for a rainy day. That way I can shop online instead of having to go to an actual store.
– I will keep better records throughout the year. That way I can listen to better music while I'm figuring my taxes.
– I will lower my bills by digging a hole to put them in.
– I will not bore my boss by with the same excuse for taking the day off. I will think of some new excuses.
– Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my pajamas. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
– I will give up chocolates totally. 100%. Completely. Honestly....
– I will think of a password other than "password."
– I will get into the habit of writing 2015 instead of 2014 before April.
– I will stop sending Facebook messages and emails to my loved ones when they are in the same room as I am.
– I will use my treadmill for something other than a place to hang my jacket.
– I will drive by a fitness center at least once a week.
– I will actually laugh out loud when I type “LOL” to the person I am messaging with.
– I will not sit and stare at the computer screen all day. –Instead, I will make it a point to stand and stare at the screen for at least 30 minutes.
– I will work harder to find time to sleep more.
– I will wear something other than sweat pants to the grocery store
– I will stop repeating myself again, and again, and again.
– I will wear something other than sweat pants to the grocery store ... oops ... there I go again!
– I will enjoy the sweeter side of life – M&Ms, Hershey kisses, candy corns, and cheesecake.
– I will be more decisive ... I'll absolutely try to attempt to think about resolving to be more decisive, if I possibly can.
– I promise to stick to these resolutions for more than a week.
– I will learn what the word "resolution" means.
Well I hope you enjoyed by ridiculous resolutions, but on a more serious note, please be safe this New Year’s Eve. No drinking and driving and keep an eye out for others! You can reach a cab by calling 570-322-2222.